45th Annual Long Island Library Conference
May 14, 2020 – A Vision for the Future
Call for Program Proposals
The 2020 Long Island Library Conference will be on May 14, 2020 at the Melville Marriott. The Conference Committee invites program proposals on all areas of librarianship. We are especially interested in proposals that align with the 2020 theme, “A Vision for the Future.”
Conference programs should be 60 minutes long, with the anticipation of 45 minutes of content, and 10 minutes of Q&A.
*Please note that all submitted programs for the conference require a sponsoring group (individual libraries and companies cannot sponsor programs). A list of possible divisions and committees that can act as sponsors can be found on the NCLA and SCLA websites.
The Long Island Library Conference Committee will evaluate all proposals submitted by the deadline using the following criteria:
- Keep titles clear and concise.
- Merit and clarity of the 100-word program description
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Completeness of the proposal
- Originality of proposed topic
- Diversity of speakers and topics
All proposals will be considered in the context of the overall structure of the conference and the availability of time slots for proposed sessions. Please do not request a certain time slot unless it is necessary as this can affect your room assignment.
Other Important Guidelines
- INTERNET: Wireless Internet will be provided in all program rooms.
- TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: The Long Island Library Conference Committee does not make travel arrangements for speakers and presenters. Presenters and/or the sponsors are responsible for making these arrangements.
- SPEAKER REGISTRATION FEES: Only 2 presenters from each program will receive complimentary registration. These complimentary presenters DO NOT have to register for the conference through the website. Their names will be given directly to registration by the Programs Chair. All other presenters beside the complimentary 2 are required to register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee.
- EQUIPMENT: The Marriott will provide internet access and items such as projectors, screens, microphones, tables, lecterns, etc. Laptops will not be provided. Speakers or sponsors will be required to bring their own laptops. Speakers will be responsible for providing ANY adapters, dongles, cables OR other accessories necessary for the connection of their equipment.
Submit Program Proposals
The deadline for submitting proposals for the 2020 Long Island Library Conference is December 31, 2019. Submit your program here:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.