44th Annual Long Island Library Conference
May 9, 2019 Lighting the Way
Call for Program Proposals
The 2019 Long Island Library Conference will be on May 9th at the Melville Marriot. The Conference Committee invites program proposals on all areas of librarianship. We are especially interested in proposals that align with the 2019 theme, “Lighting the Way.”
Conference programs should be 60 minutes long, with the anticipation of 45 minutes of content, and 10 minutes of Q&A.
The Long Island Library Conference Committee will evaluate all proposals submitted by the deadline using the following criteria:
- Merit and clarity of the 100-word program description
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Completeness of the proposal
- Originality of proposed topic
- Diversity of speakers and topics
All proposals will be considered in the context of the overall structure of the conference and availability of time slots for proposed sessions.
The deadline for submitting proposals for the 2019 Long Island Library Conference is December 31, 2018. Use the following LILC Google Form to submit your proposal.
If you have any questions about the proposal process, please contact the 2019 Program Chair, Jeff Baker at LILCPrograms@gmail.com.
Other Important Guidelines
- INTERNET: Wireless Internet will be provided in all program rooms.
- TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: The Long Island Library Conference Committee does not make travel arrangements for speakers and presenters. Presenters and/or the sponsors are responsible for making these arrangements.
- SPEAKER REGISTRATION FEES: Only 2 presenters from each program will receive complimentary registration. These complimentary presenters DO NOT have to register for the conference through the website. Their names will be given directly to registration by the Programs Chair. All other presenters beside the complimentary 2 are required to register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee.
- EQUIPMENT: The Long Island Library Conference Committee will provide internet and things such as projectors, screens, microphones, tables, etc. The committee does not provide laptops. Speakers or sponsors will be required to bring their own laptops.