Call for Program Proposals
The 2023 Long Island Library Conference will be on May 11, 2023 at the Melville Marriott. The Conference Committee invites program proposals on all areas of interest to library staff. The 2023 theme is “Reunited”. Program proposals do not have to relate to this year’s theme. We welcome all program ideas on a variety of topics.
Conference programs should be 60 minutes long, with the anticipation of 45 minutes of content, and 10 -15 minutes of Q&A.
The Long Island Library Conference Committee will evaluate all proposals submitted by the deadline using the following criteria:
● Keep titles clear and concise. Titles that run on too long will be shortened by the committee.
● Merit and clarity of the 100-word program description
● Completeness of the proposal
● Originality of proposed topic
● Diversity of speakers and topics
● Relevance to the conference theme
All proposals will be considered in the context of the overall structure of the conference and availability of time slots for proposed sessions.
The deadline for submitting proposals for the 2023 Long Island Library Conference is December 31, 2022.
Use the LILC Google Form to submit your proposal.
If you have any questions about the proposal process, please contact the 2023 Program Chair, Jeff Baker at LILCPrograms@gmail.com.
Other Important Guidelines
▪INTERNET: Wireless Internet will be provided in all program rooms.
▪TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: The Long Island Library Conference Committee does not make travel arrangements for speakers and presenters. Presenters and/or the sponsors are responsible for making these arrangements.
▪SPEAKER REGISTRATION FEES: Only 2 presenters from each program will receive complimentary registration. These complementary presenters DO NOT have to register for the conference through the website. Their names will be given directly to registration by the Programs Chair. All other presenters beside the complimentary 2 are required to register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee.
▪ EQUIPMENT: The Marriott will provide internet access and items such as projectors, screens, microphones, tables, lecterns, etc. Laptops will not be provided. Speakers or sponsors will be required to bring their own laptops. Speakers will be responsible for providing ANY adapters, dongles, cables OR other accessories necessary for the connection of their equipment.
▪ SPONSOR: All programs for the conference require a sponsoring group (individual libraries and companies cannot sponsor programs). A list of possible divisions and committees that can act as sponsors can be found on the NCLA and SCLA websites. NCLA website: https://ncla.info/ SCLA website: http://scla.net/